Olinda Trail North (County Road 3) and Old Marine Trai
Listed on the National Register of Historic Places on June 17, 1976
The log house was constructed in 1868 by Johannes Erickson and his thirteen year old son Alfred. There were many good times and bad times for the immigrant Erickson family in the log home. In 1904, Alfred constructed a nicer home and the old log home became at various time a granary, garage and playhouse.
In 1974, the Washington County Historical Society purchased the old log house and moved it one and a half miles to its present site, adjacent to the Hay Lake School. The Erickson Log House was placed on the National Register of Historic Places on June 17, 1976.