1018 S. 1st St
Listed on the National Register of Historic Places on October 25, 1979
The Nelson School was constructed in 1897 and became a focal point in preservation of old Stillwater buildings and a rallying point for the RiverTown Restoration (RTR) group. The school was ultimately saved by the efforts of RTR and today the building houses 8 condominiums. Photograph taken ca. 1900.